What is Medical Coding?
Medical coding is the transformation of healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes. The diagnoses and procedure codes are taken from medical record documentation, such as transcription of physician’s notes, laboratory and radiologic results, etc. Medical coding professionals help ensure the codes are applied correctly during the medical billing process, which includes abstracting the information from documentation, assigning the appropriate codes, and creating a claim to be paid by insurance carriers.
High Q Training Center is the Best Medical Coding Training Center in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi, that focuses on providing high quality training programs In AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders,) With a Professional Certified teachers working in specific areas of administration within healthcare sector.
What is AAPC?
American Academy of Professional Coder (AAPC) was founded in 1988 to provide education and professional certification to physician-based medical coders and to elevate the standards of medical coding by providing training, certification, networking, and job opportunities. Since then, AAPC has grown to over 170,000 members worldwide and offers 32 certifications encompassing the entire business side of healthcare, including professional service coding (CPC®), professional billing (CPB™), medical auditing (CPMA™), clinical documentation (CDEO™), medical compliance (CPCO™), and physician practice management (CPPM™)
Why medical coding is a good choice
- High Demand
- Ever Green Health Care Industry
- Health care Degree not required
- Business side of Medicine
- Work from Home
- Multiple choice of work environment
- Expanded Job Choices
- Certification and Resources
- Easy to obtain education in Coding
Scope & opportunities of Medical Coding
Now a day the Hospitals requires to do proper documentation and coding for the reimbursement from insurance company in health care sector. The Coding and Documentation done only by certified professionals and it is having a vital role. Coding is the part of procedure and the insurance companies receives the documents only after the verification by a AAPC/CPC Certified coder especially in US, UK, Europe and GCC.
- Foundation of basics (Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Terminology, Pathology, Clinical tests)
- CPT (Current Procedural Terminology)-Evaluation and Management (E/M), Anesthesia, Surgery, Radiology, Pathology& Laboratory, Medicine, Modifiers.
- ICD 10 (International Classification of Diseases 10th revision)
- HCPCS (Health Care Common Procedure Coding System)
- Compliance and Regulatory
- Exam Trial (Mock test), Online live classes, Interaction sessions etc..
- Job oriented training sessions by experienced working professionals from Middle East.
Study Materials Includes:
Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology Training Manual.
Comprehensive Training Manual For CPC Certification Medical Coding Manual.
ICD-10 CM Volume 1 & Volume 2 Latest Edition.
CPT – Latest Edition.
HCPCS Code Book Latest Edition.
CPC Exam Fully Solved Question Papers.